District officials will recognize its top employees and announce the system-wide teacher of the year during a luncheon and ceremony set for May 6 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at West Ridge Church on Hiram-Acworth Highway.
The employee of the year award “highlights contributions of non-teaching school employees who support the education of our students in preschool through grade 12,” according to the district’s web site.
“The overall purpose of the program is to pay tribute to the tireless efforts of our district’s outstanding school employees who are not eligible for recognition as a teacher of the year.
“These employees are vital staff members who play key roles in creating a district and school environment that promotes our district’s vision and mission. The program’s goal is to identify and honor exemplary employees throughout the district.”
The 2014 award winners in each of the following staff categories include:
- School Nutrition: Jill Logan, school nutrition assistant, Russom Elementary School.
- Maintenance, Operations, and Facilities: Jimmy Pace, supervisor, Paulding County School District.
- Custodial Services: Julie Barreno, lead custodian, Hutchens Elementary School.
- School Support Services: Christina Kennedy, lead nurse, Paulding County School District.
- School Instructional Support: Stacy Austin, media clerk, Burnt Hickory Elementary School.
- District Support Services: Patricia Klecka, receptionist, Paulding County School District.
- Transportation: Malcom Hudson, mechanic, Paulding County School District.
- School Leadership: Kim Fraker, principal, East Paulding High School.
School-level teachers of the year include:
- Abney: Tasha Adams
- Allgood: Kristina Morris
- Austin: Randy Terry
- Baggett: Mary Hannah Gaddis.
- Burnt Hickory: Laura Turner
- Dallas: Lori Weeks
- Dobbins: Pete Mastroserio
- Dugan: Lindsay Elkins
- East Paulding High: Robert Sams
- East Paulding Middle: Christopher Holcomb
- Hiram Elementary: Sarah Burger
- Hiram High: Marci Girardin
- Hutchens: Karen Emerine
- Jones: Joel Shipp
- McClure: Kelly Tucker
- McGarity: Holly Williamson
- Moses: Tammy Shaffer
- Nebo: Kathy Blake
- New Georgia: Ginger Stephenson
- North Paulding High: Christina Stanley
- Northside: Jill Brogdon
- P.B. Ritch: Alecia Harris
- Panter: Michael Eidson
- Paulding County High: Emily Martin
- Poole: Holly Petty
- Ragsdale: Leigh Holcomb
- Roberts: Melissa Dorsett
- Russom: Kelly Loner
- Scoggins: Lou Anne Erdman
- Shelton: Peggy Kibler
- South Paulding High: Annemarie Edwards
- South Paulding Middle: Terri Ernst
- Union: Michelle Hayman
Marc Pedersen of Paulding County High School was the district-wide winner announced in 2013. He is competing for 2015 state teacher of the year.
This year's Paulding teacher of the year will compete for 2016 state teacher of the year.
The school district is the county’s largest single employer with more than 3,000 workers, including more than 1,900 teachers.