The Junior League of Douglas County organized the event, which is set for Monday at 6 p.m. at the Downtown Conference Center, 6701 Church St. It is free and open to the public.
According to League officials, the confirmed candidates as of Monday included:
- Chairman, Board of Commissioners: Tom Worthan (incumbent), Rita Rainwater, Romona Jackson Jones.
- House District 66: Mike Miller, Bob Snelling, Mickey Thompson.
- Senate District 35: Detrius Hill, Donzella James (incumbent), Cory Lynch.
- House District 62: Marvin Arrington, Kipp Carr, Benny Crane, LaDawn “LBJ” Blackett Jones.
- House District 65: Sharon Beasley-Teague (incumbent), Charles McGillis.
For more information, contact Myesha Good at email@example.com.
Meanwhile, in-person Saturday voting is scheduled for this weekend, July 21, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Voter Registration Office on the first floor of the Douglas County Courthouse on Hospital Drive in Douglasville, according to the county voter registration office.
In addition, in-person Advance Voting for the General Primary is set for Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Old Douglas County Courthouse on Broad Street, Deer Lick Park Activity Center, Boundary Waters Aquatic Center, Dog River Library Community Room.
The General Primary election is set for July 31. Two voting locations have changed only for the July 31 primary because of renovations to two schools, said elections supervisor Laurie Fulton.
The changes include:
- Those usually voting at Turner Middle School will vote at Lithia Springs Elementary School.
- Those usually voting at Fairplay Middle School will vote at South Douglas Elementary School.
Other regular voting locations will be open as normal, Fulton said.
The General Primary 2012 runoff, if necessary, is set for Aug. 21.