North American Properties has announced new tenants for Avalon, a $600 million resort-inspired, mixed-use development underway in Alpharetta.
NAP also announced that more than half of the Phase 1 retail space is committed, with an additional 25 percent in negotiation. Avalon is scheduled to open April 2014.
“Avalon will deliver a purposefully designed experience in the art of living well,” said Mark Toro, managing partner for NAP. “Imagine stepping into a retail environment that feels and delivers like a five-star resort. Your every need is anticipated and every indulgence fulfilled. Avalon's completely unique guest and resident experience has already attracted best-in-class restaurants and retailers toopen their first suburban Atlanta locations here and we expect other like-minded brands to follow suit.”
The dining and nightlife scene at Avalon will include these tenants:
· A new restaurant concept from Ford Fry: Local celebrity chef Ford Fry leads Rocket Farm, one of Atlanta’s most successful restaurant groups. Fry’s pedigree is borne of his successful intown restaurants, JCT Kitchen and No. 246. His latest concept, The Optimist, was named “Best New Restaurant in the U.S.” by Esquire magazine. Ford will bring a new concept to Avalon.
· Crú Food & Wine Bar: Crú offers an unparalleled by-the-bottle wine list with more than 300 bottles from all over the world available in tasting flights or by-the-glass. Crú will be new to the Southeast.
· Yeah! Burger: Yeah! Burger is Atlanta’s organic, gluten-free and eco-friendly burger joint. It was named one of “10 Favorite Burger Spots in America” by Bon Appétit.
· Yard House: Known for its more than 130 beers on tap and extensive food menu, Yard House originated in Southern California, recentlyopening their first Atlanta restaurant at Atlantic Station.
· Marlow’s Tavern: Serving the best in American tavern fare, local favorite Marlow’s Tavern updates classic dishes to gourmet level.
· Ted’s Montana Grill: Atlanta metro favorite, Ted’s Montana Grill celebrates both Big Sky Country and hearty food, featuring the biggest bison menu in the world.
These intown stores and experiential retailers will open locations at Avalon:
· Anthropologie: A ladies clothing and home furnishings boutique that offers a one-of-a-kind and compelling shopping experience that makes women feel beautiful, hopeful and connected.
· Athleta: Athleta offers women's swimwear and athletic clothing for fitness, golf and tennis, plus active wear for daily life.
· Arhaus: An upscale furniture boutique that designs its own products and sources to the best manufacturers to bring furniture direct to customers.
· fab’rik: Owned by Atlanta designer Dana Spinola, fab’rik is a ladies clothing boutique.
· Banana Republic: A global apparel and accessories brand focused on delivering modern workplace style for men and women. Banana Republic has partnered with designers JanieBryant, Trina Turk and Narcisco Rodriguez to launch signature collections over the next two years.
· Paper Source: Paper Source is a premier paperie and online retailer offering a unique selection of fine papers, invitations and announcements.
· Orvis: Orvis offers men’s and women’s clothing and fly fishing equipment. The company hosts fly fishing excursions locally and around the world.
And North American is in discussions with these brands:
· Lilly Pulitzer: Lilly Pulitzer is an iconic brand known for its Palm Beach inspired colors and prints for women, men and children.
· C. Wonder: C. Wonder offers stylish, brightly-colored women’s clothing and accessories, as well as home decor.
· lululemon: Makers of technical athletic apparel for yoga, running and dancing, lululemon stores have strong ties to local communities. Also, lululemon hosts in-store events ranging from self-defense sessions to goal-setting workshops to yoga classes.
· J. Crew: One of America’s hottest retailers, J. Crew offers high-quality clothing for men, women and children. The brand is known for cashmere, women’s and men’s dress attire and shoes and fashionable accessories.
· Marmi Shoes: Marmi is a high-end ladies shoe boutique known for offering fashionable shoes for any fit.
· Tommy Bahama: This Seattle-based retailer offers island-inspired casual, men’s and women’s sportswear, denim, swimwear, accessories, footwear and home furnishings.
· Van Michael Salon: Van Michael Salons are full-service Aveda concept salons featuring top stylists from around the world and offering the latest in cuts, color and styling.
These tenants join anchors Whole Foods and Regal Cinemas at Avalon.
In addition to a lineup of experiential retailers and restaurants, Avalon will feature a weekly, monthly and seasonal schedule of community events. Activities like outdoor concert series, yoga in the park, family camp-outs and an outdoor holiday ice skating experience similar in scale to Rockefeller Center will take place at Avalon.
Avalon’s hospitality team including on-site, hotel-style concierges and valet parking attendants will deliver personalized, consistent service to every visitor, resident, hotel guest and office worker.
“In order to compete with e-commerce, we must deliver an exceptional experience,” said Ron Pfohl, partner and director of leasing at NAP. “By creating a mixed-use development with energy and round-the-clock activity, we will make each guest’s visit memorable. We are thrilled with the tenants we have signed, as they will contribute meaningfully to the overall experience at Avalon.”