However, county officials closed a number of roads because of high water, stated MaryAnn Phipps, spokeswoman for the agency.
Closed roads as of 6 p.m. included:
- Goldin Road: Roadway washed out after the Tallapoosa River rose.
- Zion Church Road at Swafford Drive was under water.
- South Main Street in Dallas; flooding and standing water on roadway.
- West Avenue in Dallas had standing water on roadway.
- Dabbs Bridge Road; the roadway was flooded and trees were down.
- Denton Road at Senator Road; standing water.
Williams Lake Road near Hwy. 92 had flooding.
- McPherson Church Road below the railroad tracks had flooding.
- Hanlin Road had flooding.
- Benson Lake Road had flooding.