The Douglas County Sheriff’s Department is sponsoring the event from 1 to 5 p.m. at all six Walgreen’s pharmacies in Douglas County. Tents will be set up in the parking lots of each Walgreen’s and residents can “drive-through” and drop off pills or drugs into an unmarked bag. Douglas County Sheriff’s Department deputies will not examine the contents of the bags.
This effort between the Sheriff’s Department and Walgreen’s is to provide an opportunity for residents to get rid of expired prescriptions, prescriptions that are no longer used by household members, prescriptions that do not belong to the holder, and other legal and illegal drugs.
The six participating Walgreen’s locations are:
• 5864 Fairburn Road at Durelee Lane
• 9465 Highway 5 at Douglas Boulevard
• 3851 Chapel Hill Road at Central Church Road
• 500 Thornton Road at Maxham Road
• 2701 Fairburn Road at Lee Road
• 9591 Conners Road at Mirror Lake Boulevard.
Information: Sgt. Jesse Hambrick, (770) 577-5106.