Atlanta residents, business leaders and other stakeholders will have an opportunity to ask questions about the city’s proposed fiscal 2015, $565.5 million general fund budget during a combined public hearing and virtual town hall meeting May 6 at 6 p.m. in Atlanta City Hall’s council chamber, second floor, 55 Trinity Ave. The meeting will be broadcast live on City Channel 26.
Questions from participants will be answered during the live broadcast. The meeting will also be streamed on the city’s website at www.atlanta.ga.gov (Click on the ATL City Channel 26 icon in the middle of the webpage and click on the words: “Watch Channel 26 Live” located on the left of the screen.)
Questions can be submitted three ways beginning today and during the live public hearing and virtual town hall meeting in the following ways:
1. Participants unable to attend the May 6 meeting can submit questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Text questions to (404) 392-0159
3. Through the Atlanta City Council’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/atlantacitycouncil
4. Residents can submit their questions through Twitter to @ATLCouncil and use the hashtag #atlbudget
5. Questions can be called in to (404) 330-6823
A copy of the proposed budget is available for public inspection from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays in the Office of the Municipal Clerk, Suite 2700, City Hall.
The council is scheduled to adopt the city’s fiscal 2015 budget June 16 during its 1 p.m. meeting in the council chamber.